With the DWP finder, begin by defining your search parameters and selecting the flow sites you want to include in the search. The tool will fetch DWP signals for each site using the same search settings. Thereafter, you can modify the pattern for each site to your liking. Each DWP will save individually.
1. Open the DWP Finder
Starting from the Main Project page, click Create Dry Weather Patterns.
The Create Dry Weather Patterns page opens.
2. Enter a Start Date and End Date
Alternatively, you can enter a Start Date and the number of following days (+days). The End Date is automatically determined.
4. (Optional) Specify rainfall-based exclusions and/or domestic flow-based exclusions
Check the desired options to activate them, then input your settings in the text-boxes.
5. (Optional) Configure Specific Day Exclusions
The days you select will be excluded from the overall DWP.
- Click the Exclude Specific Dates check-box to activate the option.
- Use the enclosed calendar to select dates to exclude in the DWP.
You can also use the Toggle [Day] buttons to mass-exclude certain days of the week.
Days highlighted in red will be excluded from the DWP search.
6. Configure the Site Specific Details
- Enter a Dry Weather Pattern Set Name.
This is the name that the DWP set will be saved as.
- Relative to each flow site you wish to include in the DWP set, select a flow channel for the DWP. Use the Flow Channel Name drop-down list to make your selection.
- (Optional) Relative to each flow site you wish to include in the DWP set, select a corresponding Rainfall Site and Rainfall Channel. Use the drop-down lists to make your selection. This step is only necessary if you are applying rainfall-based exclusions.
7. Preview the DWPs
Click Preview next to the corresponding DWP. The DWP signal populates below the table.
The red signal represents the average of all flow signals for a particular day.
8. Under Create, select the flow sites for which you want to create DWPs
After previewing each DWP, select which of them you wish to include in the DWP set.
9. Click Create Pattern
You will now proceed to the next stage of DWP creation, where each individual DWP in the set can be modified.
10. (Optional) Refresh Data for up-to-date Data Snapshot
You may optionally, refresh your FLOW CHANNEL data to ensure up-to-date data is captured in your DWP.
11. (Optional) Enter a Pattern Name and Notes
By default, each DWP in the set will be given the default 'Dry Weather Pattern Set Name' you defined earlier. However, if you have more than one DWP in a set, each pattern will save individually with the same name. For this reason, you may want to modify the Pattern Name to something unique for each pattern in the set.
You can optionally use the Notes text box to include additional information pertaining to the DWP that is currently in view.
12. For each day in the DWP, select the signal you want to use
The average is initially chosen by default.
- Under the 'Pattern Preview for the Selected Site' panel, select a day. The day you choose will appear in the 'Selected Day in Pattern' panel.
For example, click View Tuesday to open all of Tuesday's DWP signals under the 'Select Day in Pattern' panel.
- Choose a signal you want to use in the DWP for the selected day.
The signal that will be used in the DWP is highlighted red.
- To modify the average by removing signals: Click the pattern you want to remove. The chosen line turns red. Then, click Remove Selected (R). The y-axis scale and average line re-adjusts.
- To use a signal from another day: Click Import [Day]. All signals from that day are superimposed on the pattern you already have open. The y-axis scale and average line re-adjusts.
- To replace the entire daily DWP signal with another day: Click Remove All. This clears all signals in the open DWP. Then, click Import [Day]. The DWP from that day appears.
For example, we can clear Tuesday's DWP (click Remove All) and then copy-in Thursday's DWP (Import Thursday), such that Tuesday has the exact same set of DWP signals as Thursday.
- Repeat steps 11.1 and 11.2 for each day you wish to review/modify.
13. Save the DWP
- If there is just one DWP in the set (you are using just one flow site), click Save Pattern.
The Project Dashboard loads, where your saved DWP is now available for use, reviewing, or editing.
- If there is >1 DWP (you are using more than one flow site) in the set, click Save and Next.
The DWP for the following flow site populates. Repeat steps 10 and 11.
When you are finished reviewing the last DWP in the set, click Save Pattern. This saves each DWP individually.
The Project Dashboard page loads. From the Flow Sites list, you can see how many DWPs have been created for each flow site. In the DWP finder, we created 1 DWP for each flow site, and you can see that one DWP has been made for each of the flow sites in this project. You can click a flow site from the list to view all the DWPs that use the selected site.