A 'set' is a group of custom fields, however you can have one custom field in a set. Each set is assigned to a site or group of sites, for which the set is displayed. This article demonstrates how you can create a set of custom fields. We will create a 'Rainfall' set as an example.
Your FlowWorks account must be assigned the 'Group Admin' and 'Site Configuration Admin' user role(s) to allow you to create custom data fields. If you cannot access Custom Fields, please contact your Client Administrator.
1. Open the Custom Fields Tool
- Click Manage from the main navigation panel.
A drop-down menu appears.
- Click Custom Fields.
2. Select a Client
A client is an organization subscribed to FlowWorks' services. Select the client that has the sites to which you want to add custom fields.
Use the drop-down list to make your selection.
3. Click Configure Fields
The Field Sets screen appears.
4. Click Create New Set
The Define Field Set options and the Assign to Sites list appear. In this example, we will create a new set for the client 'FlowWorks'.
5. Type a Name for the Field Set
6. Create Custom Fields for the Set
- Click Add New Field.
A modal window appears.
- Enter a Field Name.
- Choose a Field Type from the drop-down menu.
- A Text field will result in a textbox when you proceed to modify the field.
- A Selection List field will result in a drop-down list of values that you must define.
- A Date & Time field will reveal a date and time picker when you modify the field.
- (If you chose Selection List) Define selection list values. Use a comma (,) to separate each item in the list.
- Click Save New Field.
Your new custom field appears in the Fields list.
- Repeat all sub-steps in this step (6) to create additional fields. Once complete, your list will look something like this:
7. Assign the Set of Fields to Sites
Use the check-boxes to select the sites that this set of fields should apply to.
If you are going to select nearly all sites, click Select All, and then un-check the sites you wish to exclude.
8. Click Save Field Set
A notification will appear momentarily, confirming that your set saved successfully.
This completes the process for creating a new set of custom fields. You can now see the configured custom fields by selecting any one of the enabled sites from Network Map > Site Details.