If you are a Group Administrator, you can use this tool to upload a CSV file for either adding data to newly created channels, or backfilling data in existing channels. This article provides a general walkthrough for using the Data Upload tool.
- Only Group Administrators can use this tool. If your account does not have the proper permissions, the tool will not populate. Please contact your Group Administrator about being assigned the correct user role that enables use of this tool. See, About User Roles and Security Groups.
- The site you wish to upload data to must be active.
- This tool will only upload data to existing raw data channels, and the must be set up prior to data upload. This tool is not intended for making new channels. If you want to create new channels, see Add a Raw or Calculated Data Channel to an Existing Site.
- Site and channel names in the CSV file must match exactly with the internal site name and channel names as they are written in FlowWorks (case sensitive).
- If data already exists for a given date range, you will be notified. This tool will permanently replace data where overlaps occur.
- For more on CSV files, see Supported data formats for CSV files.
1. Open Data Upload
- Click Manage, found in the main toolbar.
A dropdown menu appears.
- Click Upload Data.
2. Specify a file format
Use the drop-down menu to make your choice. You can optionally download a sample file of the format currently selected.
For more information on CSV formats, refer to the Supported Data Formats for CSV Files documentation.
3. Upload CSV data files
The CSV file format must match the selection you made in step 2. You can upload one to several files at once.
- Click Browse.
The File Explorer opens.
- Select the files you want to upload and click Open.
The filenames populate in a list at the bottom of the Data Upload page.
4. Click Upload
The system may need a few moments to complete upload depending on the size of the CSV files.
5. Review Import Uploaded Data list and (if applicable) Failed Uploads list
The Import Uploaded Data table shows only those files that pass validation and are ready for import. Any important notes including data overlaps, will be provided in the Data Already Exists column.
The Failed Uploads list shows only those files that completely failed validation.
If a site passed validation, but not all channels in that site passed, the site it will appear in the Import Uploaded Data list. The Data Already Exists column will notify you that not all channels will upload. This exception exists so that users can successfully upload certain channels contained in their CSV file, and omit the rest.
6. (For failed uploads) Revise the CSV file and retry uploading
Click Back to revisit the Select Data to Upload page, where you can retry uploading with a revised CSV file.
7. (For successful uploads) Pick the files you want to upload, then click import
The system may need a few moments to complete import depending on the size of the files.
The import results table will populate on the next page. From here, you can click Graph this data to graph the newly imported data on a time series. You can also restart the process by clicking Upload More Data.