The Custom Summary Reporting tool is used to make your own reports that summarize your data. Get the answers you're looking for by combining multiple Sites and Channels, choosing from a variety of statistical methods, and grouping your data across various periods. This article describes how you can make a new custom summary report.
1. Open the Custom Summary Reporting Tool
- Click Report. A drop-down menu appears.
- Click Custom Reports.
For this topic, we will focus on the Create a New Report section of the Custom Summary Reporting page.
2. Set Up the Report
- Use the Choose Site... drop-down to select the site that the channel is stored in.
- Expand the Choose Channel... menu to select the channel.
- Select the desired statistic to use in the report.
You have the choice between average, minimum, maximum, or sum.
- Click Add. The channel will be added as an entry to a list below the drop-down menus.
- (Optional) Repeat the aforementioned steps to add more channels to the report.
- (Optional) Click, hold, and drag a list item to reorder. The order of these list items is how they will appear in the final report.
- Select Date/Time for the Report.
You can use the drop-down menu to choose a pre-made date range, or manually enter dates in the From and To fields.
- Choose a report level of detail for the report.
Available options include: 15 minute, 30 minute, hourly, daily, monthly, and yearly.
- (Optional) Configure Advanced Settings.
- Show periodic summaries (averages) for the day, month, and/or year.
- Show a summary for the whole report - displays a cumulative average for each reported Channel.
- Show a statistical summary for the whole report - displays cumulative average, minimum, and maximum for each reported Channel.
- Show peak instantaneous (PK) parameters - indicates that the maximum value occurred within this entry (cell).
- Show partial data (*) markers - indicates that some portion of the data was missing in this entry (cell). Enter the expected interval in the text box.
3. (Optional) Save the report
This allows you to save all channels and settings so you don't have to repeat setup at a later time.
- Enter a report name in the text box.
- Check the box if you want other users in your security group to have access to the report.
4. Click View Report
A new browser tab automatically opens, where your report is displayed.
- The report's top panel contains buttons for browsing through the various pages.
- There is a search function, in which you can enter full or partial words or numbers to have the system highlight areas that match your search criteria.
- Use the Export drop-down menu to select data export options - you can convert your report to an Excel file (xlsx), PDF, or Word file (docx).
- In addition, you can export your report to CSV - simply click Export Report to CSV , found at the bottom of your report.
You must have pop-ups enabled in order to view the report.
The image below shows a sample report:
- Periodic summaries are highlighted in blue.
- Instantaneous Peak parameters are shown with the abbreviation PK and are indicated in a report by an orange dot.
- The report summary and the statistical summary (mean, max, and min) are found on the final page.