FlowWorks' ability to trigger late data alarms and notifications lets you alert those who need to know when data is late arriving from a site. This permits you to respond to an adverse situation in a timely manner.
FlowWorks supports two 'levels' of data-based warnings: Alarms and Notifications. The creation, editing, disabling, and deleting for both is identical. Hence when this document speaks of 'alarm' you may substitute for 'notification'.
1. Open Alarm Configuration
- Click Monitor.
- Click Alarm Configuration.
2. Click Create a New Notification or Alarm
3. Complete the Notification/Alarm form
- Enter a Name for the notification/alarm.
We suggest a name that explains the reason for the existence of this alarm. This is the name that will appear when you receive notifications of this alarm being triggered. Since we are making a new late data alarm, we will call it "Late Data" for this example.
Select a Site.
This is the site that you want this notification/alarm to monitor.
Select a Type. For this example, we will select Alarm.
FlowWorks supports two 'levels' of data-based warnings:Alarms and Notifications. Both are user programmable and can be configured to trigger on any measurement or combination of measures the site is capable of collecting. While the setup, triggering and functionality of alarms and notifications are the same, when an alarm is triggered, the site's icon in Map View will turn red and any email or text messages to be sent will say "Alarm"; when a notification is triggered, the site's icon in Map View will turn orange and any email or text messages to be sent will say "Notification". Thus, you could setup both a notification and an alarm for the same site, such that the notification becomes a 'heads up' that a site could be approaching an alarm condition, while the alarm indicates that a critical condition has been met, and 'immediate attention is required'.
- Select Action(s) the system should execute once the alarm is triggered. You can choose one or more.
Pick Your Alarm Type. In this example, we will choose Create a Late Data Alarm/Notification. Click to expand the entry field.
- In the Late After field, specify the number of minutes after the expected call-in schedule the data is to be considered 'late'.
This is the number of minutes that must elapse without receiving new data before an alarm event occurs. This number should be larger than (or equal to) the call-in schedule.
FlowWorks automatically adds a small buffer to allow for network delays, processing time, etc.
The Current Call-In Schedule is the number of minutes your selected site's data loggers are configured to relay data to FLowWorks. This value is established when the site is created. FlowWorks will pull the current call-in schedule from the site's details and display it here, to assist you in defining what should be considered 'late' for this alarm to trigger.
- (Optional) Use the Channel to Monitor dropdown menu to select a specific channel from this site to monitor for late data. This is typically a raw data channel.
If you choose None Specified, the alarm will monitor all channels in the site.
- (Optional) Configure your preferred Advanced Settings. Click Show Advanced Settings to expand the entry field.
- (Optional) Copy this alarm to other sites. Click Copy New Alarm to Other Sites to expand the entry field.
This option will reveal a list of sites in your account that are compatible with this alarm's rule and settings. Click the checkbox next to the site name where you want a copy of this alarm created.
4. Save the new alarm/notification
You will be directed back to the Alarm Configuration page, where your new Alarm will be shown in the List of Notifications and Alarms. If you copied this alarm to other sites, they too will be listed here. You can click any of the entries in this list to view the alarm's details, and make any edits.