When you are setting up Sites in FlowWorks or supplying GIS data for custom GIS services, we will ask you to provide locations to us in the form of latitude and longitude coordinates in decimal degrees (DD). There exists a wide variety of coordinate systems, and as such there is a chance that your map or layer's spatial reference (coordinate system) will be different than the spatial reference required by FlowWorks.
To overlay correctly, your Site locations and GIS data must use the same spatial reference system as used in FlowWorks. FlowWorks' maps are powered by Google Maps. The coordinate system for Google Maps' tiling scheme is WGS 1984 Web Mercator (Auxiliary Sphere).
What we need from you for GIS Data setup:
Please send the following information via our ticketing system:
- ArcGIS shapefiles projected to WGS 1984 Web Mercator (Auxiliary Sphere); or
- ArcGIS geodatabase projected to WGS 1984 Web Mercator (Auxiliary Sphere)
For GIS layers only:
- ArcGIS layer file (.lyr) containing the required symbology (including line type / color / labels, etc.); or a written description of how you'd like them symbolized
- List of which layers should be searchable
- List of which attribute fields should be searchable
We are here to help you! Please open a new support ticket to quickly get in touch with FlowWorks support!